How to Modernize Your Living Space with Sisal Rugs
Sisal rugs have been around since the 1960s, but no carpet is better poised to turn your dull living space into a modern spectacle of interior design. It's simple and yet complex, extremely uniform but highly customizable, understated and yet capable of bringing an entire room together in ways you have never imagined. If you haven't given any thought to the wonders of sisal rugs, consider how they can add a vibrant touch of class to any home.
The Key Benefits of Sisal Area Rugs
- - Sisal rugs are completely natural, with fibers derived from a specialized form of agave. If you're looking for a chemical-free, eco-friendly alternative to your typical area rug, sisal is the way to go. When shopping, just make sure to buy from a reputable dealer who specializes in natural, sustainable carpeting. Even sisal can be deemed environmentally disastrous if woven through an irresponsible manufacturing process.
- - Sisal is just about the most attractive carpeting you will find. The fibers are delicately woven together for an overall presentation that is uniform, symmetrical and almost hypnotic. But not all sisal rugs are created equal. Depending on your personal style, you can opt for a variety of gorgeous patterns and colors.
- - Due to the extremely dense weaving, these rugs are also extremely durable, easily capable of withstanding day-to-day foot traffic and abuse for years on end.
Modernizing Your Home with Sisal Rugs
If your interior is starting to look a little outdated or just bland, you can easily spruce up the area with a sisal makeover. The first step is the most important: start shopping!
Simply by bringing sisal area rugs into your home, you're already donning your floors with a valuable touch of modern sophistication, because you're introducing a style that's not only aesthetically pleasing, but also pleasing to the environment. And while the green movement is certainly trendy at the moment, we hope that this is one trend that will never, ever go out of style, but will only continue to catch on like wildfire. Here are some other simple tips for modernizing your home with sisal:
- - Opt for bright colors like beige and ivory. Colors like these are warm, inviting, and even mood altering. There is one exception to this rule: If you have pets who shed, you may want to consider slightly darker colors, in order to more effectively mask the stray hairs that accumulate.
- - Purchase a rug that's large enough to cover all of the furniture, without covering the entire floor. The flooring underneath should still be visible, at least along the perimeter of a small room.
- Got a larger room? Use multiple area rugs of varying styles and colors to distinguish different sections of the room.
- - Think complementary colors. Your sisal rug doesn't need to match the colors of your walls and décor, but it does need to blend nicely with those colors. So when comparing your options, always keeps the big picture in mind.
So if you're ready for a simple but profound homemaker, check out the infinite possibilities of sisal. This is one style that you'll be proud to call your own!